Falconry for Drones

The logic is not strong in these people

I've nearly hit a ton of birds, I've actually nailed a few birds, I've never nearly hit a RC airplane aka "drone", I've never hit a RC airplane, I don't know of anyone who has.

So in the small world of James, this tells me birds are a higher risk item than RC airplanes.

Using something which is known to have hit airplanes to hunt for something which has yet to be proven to have hit a airplane..... Really bad solution in search of a problem.

Using birds to hunt RC airplanes ----> FAIL

That's badass. I would worry about some joker "upgrading" the blades on his drone to sharpened metal.

I'm sure the birds would be under the control of a falconer. I don't think they're just releasing a bunch of trained eagles into the wild in some sort of biological control scenario. It looks like they are looking at removing drones from over public gatherings, likely where drones are prohibited.

That's badass. I would worry about some joker "upgrading" the blades on his drone to sharpened metal.

I think the obvious counter to that is putting lasers on the birds so they can blast drones from a safe distance.

180px-Laserhawk.png

My Lord, think of the drone carnage required just to train these birds. Good thing they're cheap as hell :rolleyes:

But honestly I think a drone's weakest aspect are the wireless signals that control it. Seems it would be far simpler for every squad car to have yet another electronic gadget in the trunk with a simple push button control that any dolt could operate rather than an elite squad of Falconers. I think the main reason all the cops have gone to SUV's (practically overnight) is so they'll have bigger trunks to carry more gadgets around anyway.

They do seem to love their gadgets.

Back