Fails, then Saves....

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
My mission for tonight was to secure a Prime Rib for tomorrow. I love Prime Rib. I mean, with a capital "L". So I go to my favorite grocery store that is known for good meat and produce and run over to the meat section. They have hella cellophane packed Prime Ribs in all sorts of shapes, sizes and weights. Except.... they all have the bones cut off and tied back on. Every single one of them. Not ONE SINGLE PRIME RIB with the DAMN BONE STILL ON for the Sac Arrow.

Fail.

Cometh Danny the butcher at the meat counter. "Do you have any two bone, about five pound..." Danny points over to the stack of Prime Ribs. "I mean with the bone still on it."

"Yeah, I think we have some in the back. I'll have to cut you one." Danny heads back. Crap, I say to myself, after all that, Danny's cutting me a bone-in Prime Rib and I forgot to tell him to grab me an end cut. End cuts are the most tender. Deceiving. The large end cuts are the most meatiest, but not the best tasting. Oh well.

Anyway, Danny not only gave me roughly a five pound, two bone cut, but he correctly assumed that since I was so anal about the bone, that I actually appreciated Prime Rib enough to want an end cut and that's exactly what I got. Thank you Danny, Merry Christmas to you as well.

Save.

Let's hear em...

I made the mistake of offering some career advice to my daughter. But then her mother annoyed her even worse than I had, sparing me the bulk of her wrath.

-Rich

I procrastinated Xmas shopping until today, but the deluge of a rain storm kept the crowds down.

I gambled and lost waiting on a Sweetwater online purchase for my kid for Christmas. Guitar center had better, cheaper, in the store.

Back