Failed drug test in past and question

NOAH KEMP

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
noah
Hey guys, I failed a DOT Pre-Employment drug test about a year and a half ago. I completed the Return to Duty process and am currently working for a second chance company as a dispatcher and doing my random follow up tests for the next 5 years or so. 2 questions here.

1) If I were to try and go get a class 1 medical back, how far back do you have to disclose failed drug tests? 2 years? I do not have the current financial means to do the whole HIMS AME route.

2) How long does the failed test stay on my record? For example, when can I go work for a company that is not "second chance"? When do I not have to disclose it anymore.

Thanks all!

1) If I were to try and go get a class 1 medical back, how far back do you have to disclose failed drug tests? 2 years?

The medical application form is quite clear:

upload_2023-4-26_20-39-3.png

So the answer to "how far back" is your entire life so far. Sorry, no ducking this one.

2 questions here.

1) If I were to try and go get a class 1 medical back, how far back do you have to disclose failed drug tests?

2) How long does the failed test stay on my record?
1. Forever
2. Forever

Noah, you HAVE to deal with this if you want to work in aviation. It never goes away.

Even if the state or whomever the governming authroity expunges it the record is still there. The Question is not, "is there record of a failed drug test", it is "have you have failed a drug test. And a Refusal is a positive test, federally.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back