Faded Wheel Pants affect on value?

gov98

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Gov98
If the paint on the wheel pants is pretty clearly faded what affect do you think this has on the planes value? 25-30% maybe more? Can someone help just trying to figure this out.

Go ahead and spring for a PC-12. They don't have wheel pants to drive the value down.

ive refurbed lots and lots of Cessna and Piper wheel pants and maybe 750-$1000 at the max with top end labor and jet-glo or dupont paint.. ...its just a refurb job not an airframe demerrit...

if you need new ones go through wag-aero...by far the best value ..epoxy prime and paint with a quality urethane

If the paint on the wheel pants is pretty clearly faded what affect do you think this has on the planes value? 25-30% maybe more? Can someone help just trying to figure this out.

Not much unless it is a really nice airplane and the only flaw is faded wheelpants.

If this is a real concern, take them to a local autobody shop and have the paint matched to a removable inspection panel from under the wing. I'm sure they can repaint them for a couple hundred bucks.

these pants can dramaticaly increase value :yes:

Attachments

• cmb.jpg
    cmb.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 175

If faded wheel pants affected a planes value by 30%, what would faded wings, fuselage, and empanage do? Free Plane, just needs paint! Sign me up!

Not much unless it is a really nice airplane and the only flaw is faded wheelpants.

If this is a real concern, take them to a local autobody shop and have the paint matched to a removable inspection panel from under the wing. I'm sure they can repaint them for a couple hundred bucks.

Someone needs their sarcasm detector checked. ;)

Someone needs their sarcasm detector checked. ;)

My first post in the thread suggested buying a PC-12, which we all know is the ultimate answer for those of us who can't spring for the G-650.

Faded wheel pants are an indication of impending wing spar and or engine failure.

I read that on the internet somewhere.

My first post in the thread suggested buying a PC-12, which we all know is the ultimate answer for those of us who can't spring for the G-650.

Ahh...maybe it's me who needs my sarcasm detector overhauled then.

Which begs the question: How does a sarcasm detector being at TBO affect the value of an airplane?

Fly inverted all the time and nobody will see them from the ground.

Go ahead and spring for a PC-12. They don't have wheel pants to drive the value down.

Can I legally log SIC while sitting in the right seat?

these pants can dramaticaly increase value :yes:

attachment.php

Yes...but the operating cost is astronomical!

Last edited:
Kind of looks like a base model without all of the upgrades that drive the hourly up. Still might be best to rent though...

You never know, it might have the aerodynamic upgrade to the flaps, or would they be slats? Better to rent in any case.

I once acquired a Stationair that was missing the main wheel pants. It drove the value down so much that the plane's value was negative and the seller paid for me to take it away.

$1000-$2000 I sell a special kit that will resolve the problem. You can buy just the kit for $1000 or a highly trained technician can come out and do the job for an additional $1000. Travel expenses are not included in the price and if you want multiple colors that of course is extra. If you don't want colors that run together that is extra as well.

DFH65's wheel pants restoration kit.
SRGpsFblSpL.ashx

$1000-$2000 I sell a special kit that will resolve the problem. You can buy just the kit for $1000 or a highly trained technician can come out and do the job for an additional $1000. Travel expenses are not included in the price and if you want multiple colors that of course is extra. If you don't want colors that run together that is extra as well.

DFH65's wheel pants restoration kit.
SRGpsFblSpL.ashx

Got that same kit at Home Depot ,for a lot less money,found a technician in the parking lot to apply it.

Back