Facebook Page Deletion

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
OK, somebody hijacked my real facebook page and images and made a phony page. I've done everything I can think to do, chased my tail around and around the suggested facebook instructions and I can't get that sucker taken down.

Other than dynamite does anybody have a way of taking a phony page down?

Jim

OK, somebody hijacked my real facebook page and images and made a phony page. I've done everything I can think to do, chased my tail around and around the suggested facebook instructions and I can't get that sucker taken down.

Other than dynamite does anybody have a way of taking a phony page down?

Jim
I wonder if the content has been destroyed? Otherwise it could possibly be fixed; I know someone who did just that (recovered their stuff and got control back.) But that was a few years ago. I'd also be worried about how someone stole my password, and whether I used that password elsewhere.

No, all they did was to copy my facebook image and establish a new page with my name and all of my contacts. My original page is just fine.

Jim

No, all they did was to copy my facebook image and establish a new page with my name and all of my contacts. My original page is just fine.

Jim
It amazes me that we have this type of people in this world. That's ID theft, pure and simple.
I've tried to get FB to help, but the process is slower than slow; you'll think you're dealing with a bot. And you probably are.

Facebook really doesn't care. They care about revenue and advertising. A friend had her profile deleted by FB on an unfounded complaint - it took over 6 weeks for FB to let her back in and she never could talk to anyone, it was all handled by email. And at that, FB deleted all her old info.

A friend had his profile stolen the same way as you. It took a couple of weeks - meanwhile the perp had tried to friend most of his contacts to steal their info. Facebook finally took the fake down, but by that time a number of other folks had their info stolen.

Hence my conclusion that FB doesn't care. They make money either way.

Has happened to several of my FB friends. You get a friend request from someone you are already friends with. Post that it has happened on your real page as a warning to your friends.

The quickest way to shut down these guys is keep them from being able to do it in the first place. Restrict your "friends" list to just your "friends". A non-friend cannot send requests to all of your friends if they cannot see them.

The quickest way to shut down these guys is keep them from being able to do it in the first place. Restrict your "friends" list to just your "friends". A non-friend cannot send requests to all of your friends if they cannot see them.

The best and easiest way is, don't have an FB page. I've been more than just dabbling in IT since the late 80s. I'm pretty ok with it. And I've never been suckered into the whole social media facebook, myspace, linkedin, twitter, et al. Hasn't hurt me one bit. That said, I do enjoy my visits to PoA.

...or in the mobile version...

Screenshot_20200130-234730_Firefox.jpg

Facebook really doesn't care. They care about revenue and advertising. A friend had her profile deleted by FB on an unfounded complaint...

Being deleted from Facebook by Facebook should count as a double blessing. ;)

The best and easiest way is, don't have an FB page. I've been more than just dabbling in IT since the late 80s. I'm pretty ok with it. And I've never been suckered into the whole social media facebook, myspace, linkedin, twitter, et al. Hasn't hurt me one bit. That said, I do enjoy my visits to PoA.

^^^^My sentiments also.

Email, texting, an airplane and PoA are plenty enough addictions for one lifetime.

Being deleted from Facebook by Facebook should count as a double blessing. ;)

^^^^My sentiments also.

Email, texting, an airplane and PoA are plenty enough addictions for one lifetime.
And if you have a wife, you won’t have much time for any of them, especially if a widowed MIL is part of the mix.

Back