FAA's Sample Knowledge Test Questions - commercial

Areeda

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Areeda
Has anyone taken the Commercial Written recently?

I'm working on an on-line testing site for our ground school classes. I know it's been done before but I need to keep track of how the students are doing. So I've been working with the PDFs that the FAA publishes.

The private and instrument were pretty straight forward. The commercial is another story. First of all it's pretty sparse a total of 255 questions vs 733 for private and 512 for instrument.

But my real problem is that there are a bunch of FOI questions that seem out of place. For example:

Before a student can concentrate on learning, which of these human needs must be satisfied first?
  1. Social needs.
  2. Safety needs.
  3. Physical needs.
and
Students quickly become apathetic when they
  1. understand the objective toward which they are working.
  2. are assigned goals that are difficult, but possible to attain.
  3. recognize that their instructor is poorly prepared to conduct the lesson.
So my question is are these really on the Commercial Written, I don't remember them but it's been a while. I suppose that it could be that the commercial and the CFI tests come from the same test bank.

Joe

Has anyone taken the Commercial Written recently?

Beginning of October, last-minute as always. :D (Hey, no sense cramming for the written and then doing it again for the oral!)

But my real problem is that there are a bunch of FOI questions that seem out of place.

I didn't see any of those on the test, nor were they in the Gleim book.

Just took my Comm Glider test a couple of weeks ago, and I don't remember seeing any FOI type questions...

Joe,
I took the Commercial Knowledge Test about this time last year. The downloaded test bank from the FAA did contain a number of FOI questions so it appeared that the same test bank is used for the Commerical and CFI tests. Of course none of the FOI questions came up when I took the test.

HPL

I have to admit, I'm having fun with this project and learning and/or relearning a lot.

Next I'll get the CFI questions then maybe the ATP. I may even go back and make the helicopter and glider tests but that's a ways off.

Thanks for all the responses.

Joe

Back