FAAMedxPress

Display Name

Display name:
Threefingeredjack
Just had my first solo in the new FAA computerized Form 85008. I liked it but couldn't find an answer to a question I have. Since this is the repository of all knowledge aeronautical I came here. Is this a permanent record? Or do we have to do a new one each time? Seems to me the logical method would be to review and confirm and resubmit the data each time....so I guess that's not what will happen. Anyone know?

Last edited:
Just had my first solo in the new FAA computerized Form 85008. I liked it but couldn't find an answer to a question I have. Since this is the repository of all knowledge aeronautical I came here. Is this a permanent record? Or do we have to do a new one each time? Seems to me the logical method would be to review and confirm and resubmit the data each time....so I guess that's not what will happen. Anyone know?

It is permanent in the sense it's on your FAA record from now on.

You will fill out a new version each time, updating the appropriate slots with flying time and medical details.

What many of us do is to save a PDF version of the prior submission so that we have something to refer to on the next go around. A few have an excel spreadsheet going for the doctor visits and Rx scripts to keep track of the when/what/why of the event so we don't have to rely on memory to get the data correct.

It is permanent in the sense it's on your FAA record from now on.

You will fill out a new version each time, updating the appropriate slots with flying time and medical details.

What many of us do is to save a PDF version of the prior submission so that we have something to refer to on the next go around. A few have an excel spreadsheet going for the doctor visits and Rx scripts to keep track of the when/what/why of the event so we don't have to rely on memory to get the data correct.

OK thanks. I printed out a hard copy for files, and will do that. I get a printout from my Dr. in the mail summarizing each visit and file those too, so looks like I'm set. Thanks again.

Back