FAA Sued over Drone Registry

In a nutshell......

FAA does not possesses the statutory position to regulate model aircraft or apply FAA regulation to model aircraft. The FAA violated codified law by attempting to do so, and also bypassed some required public comment periods.

In addition, or maybe on purpose, FAA is actually trying to create a database or registry of USPER for whatever unknown reason.

Didn't read the article, but based on what Unit74 said, I want the FAA to regulate drones. If they don't, I'll aim my propeller straight at your drone once it goes above 500 feet if it is small enough.

Old news at this point. Considering that the major rule change was pushed through without a public comment period, it was 100% expected that the FAA would be sued under a violation of the administrative procedure act (APA).

If the FAA won't regulate drones, then Major League Baseball should, just to keep pitchers from injuring their throwing hand shortly before the World Series.

Old news at this point. Considering that the major rule change was pushed through without a public comment period, it was 100% expected that the FAA would be sued under a violation of the administrative procedure act (APA).

Not so much "old" news as "obvious" news, then.

Quite "new" news, just expected news. ;)

Drone paranoia, whatever.

I do like the fact that all this regulation gave pt61 pilots, smart enough to capitalize on it, a good leg up.

The sUAS I bought was for sale because the guy, who beautifully built it, felt overwhelmed/intimidated by all the FAA stuff, sucked for him, good for me.

But for the Feds, yeah no public comments, don't follow your own rules, get sued, seems like a obvious outcome.

If the FAA won't regulate drones, then Major League Baseball should, just to keep pitchers from injuring their throwing hand shortly before the World Series.

Better yet, let's get some three lettered business to regulate folks who feel they need to, or have the right to, regulate everyone else.

It's the not drone that scares me, it's the folks who feel they have a right to tell everyone else every little thing they can and can't do.

Who's regulating the regulators lol

There was a public comment period.

Back