FAA Runway Safety CD in Current AOPA Pilot

Rob Schaffer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
Just recieved my AOPA Pilot magazine for April and inside was a FAA Runway Safety DVD, with some good stuff and reminders on it. I've watched 2 of the 4 collections on there so far, and its nice to see they are sending it out for free, to keep people aware. It has some information about the interaction of ATC Controllers and pilots, runway incursions, listening to instructions and reading back, asking for progressive taxi, etc.

One item I found interesting was that the "Heads Up, Hold Short, Fly Right" segment was hosted by Patty Wagstaff.

Overall, pretty good.

I noticed the CD too. I'll be opening it soon. Thanks for letting me know it's worth watching as opposed to being an AOL coaster.

One item I found interesting was that the "Heads Up, Hold Short, Fly Right" segment was hosted by Patty Wagstaff.

Shouldn't that be "Heads Up, Hold Short, Fly Right and don't punch the cop" ??? :D :D

I've watched it already. IMO the first half is pretty interesting. The information is very eye catching and informative. However, as it gets towards the end it started to bore me.

I thought it was interesting how they still included the Patty Wagstaff addition. I still love her performances even if she didn't always make the right decisions in public.

Back