FAA review

Of course there are the standards which must be met. I would not expect any overt departures from those.

I would suspect there are also guidelines on how to interpret those standards. However, the variation due to the reputation of the particular AME with the FAA as well as essentially random factors, like how much coffee the reviewer had, is likely substantial. These people have typical government bureaucrat jobs and aren’t that much different from those at any regulatory agency.

Last edited:
As I read between the lines I'm guessing you are hoping for some leniency from the FAA? :rofl:

You will have to send them what they request. They are reasonable.

Ultimately I want someone to say I have reviewed everything and we’re good, or I have reviewed everything and just go LSA and be happy..
I don't think that's an either-or choice. Unfortunately if they do review everything and DON'T say you're good, then LSA is no longer an option for you anyway. Good luck, I hope it turns out well for you.

What Im hoping for is them to see a small string and then not start pulling until everything unravels.
Is there a string to be pulled that will unravel anything? No one here knows the answer to that. I've you've told your AME everything, and he says you're GTG, no one here has more information. If you haven't been honest with your AME, then the answer is yes, everything may unravel.

I think you should not be posting here during this sensitive phase of your application, especially with a provocative post that could be read as more probing could reveal something. I suggest you should've asked your trusted AME and still probably should and take this post down. You've made it pretty easy for someone to figure out who you are if they were in the correct position and were so inclined. Sometimes it's better to just wait and be quiet.

I think you should not be posting here during this sensitive phase of your application, especially with a provocative post that could be read as more probing could reveal something. I suggest you should've asked your trusted AME and still probably should and take this post down. You've made it pretty easy for someone to figure out who you are if they were in the correct position and were so inclined. Sometimes it's better to just wait and be quiet.

Noted… done

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back