FAA request

I have very mixed feelings on eliminating Third Class medical. That puts "self-grounding" in the hands of a lot of folks who would indeed get grounded at least when the medical comes around again.

I have very mixed feelings on eliminating Third Class medical. That puts "self-grounding" in the hands of a lot of folks who would indeed get grounded at least when the medical comes around again.

Please explain why the glider pilots data base has fewer % of pilots that have a medical, but has a better safety record. it has been proven that the 3rd class medical does nothing for safety.

Do you believe we should have an owner maintained class of aircraft for private use, "not for hire"

Do you think you should be able to buy gas for rides in your friends aircraft?

Do you think You should be able to ask your friend to take you some where in their aircraft, with out their having a CPL.

Please explain why the glider pilots data base has fewer % of pilots that have a medical, but has a better safety record. it has been proven that the 3rd class medical does nothing for safety.
I believe a large part of that is as a glider pilot, you learn to use energy management with ever-increasing skill. That's something that can be taught much more to powered pilots, particularly a commercial rating. Expanding from a power-off 180 would be a good thing.

Do you believe we should have an owner maintained class of aircraft for private use, "not for hire"
I like the idea but then there should be a provision in the rules where once a pilot elects this option the aircraft can no longer be sold. That would protect the pilot doing the self-repair and a potential purchaser. So, self-repair would and should include a huge obligation to that aircraft.

Do you think you should be able to buy gas for rides in your friends aircraft?

Do you think You should be able to ask your friend to take you some where in their aircraft, with out their having a CPL.
Yes, to both within reason. There should be a subjective limitation on how frequently such rides could occur. But, I don't think most insurance companies would go along with such a provision in the rules.

Because they fly slow and most of them barely leave the pattern. The gliders are simple with very little to break.

Back