FAA registration data

Edgefly

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Edgefly
Spent some time on the FAA site this AM trying to figure out how to and couldn't. So to those who may know: Can a search of the aircraft registry file be made fo generic types of A/C ? I.e., experimental, gyrocopter, biplane etc.

Thanks

Spent some time on the FAA site this AM trying to figure out how to and couldn't. So to those who may know: Can a search of the aircraft registry file be made fo generic types of A/C ? I.e., experimental, gyrocopter, biplane etc.
You can download the FAA database, and most of the information you're looking for is there. Not whether it's a biplane or not, but the certification status (Experimental Amateur-Built, SLSA, etc.) and the type of aircraft (airplane, rotorcraft, glider, etc.) are included.

Ron Wanttaja

Closest you can do on line is make/model. Beyond that, you'd have to do as Ron W suggested -- get the whole database and develop your own search system.

Back