FAA Pressing Forward With ECI Cylinder AD

I agree this is a bad AD TCM/Lycoming doing a part sales protection act.

But why would a sane IA sign off an annual because of a AD not complied with?

The A&P customers I have I give them a chance to comply with the AD and sign them off as Airworthy.

For my Non A&P owners they have the choice of me doing the AD, or them working under my supervision to get it done.

The cruel and possibly illegal part is the AD might drive ECI out of business..

The cruel and possibly illegal part is the AD might drive ECI out of business..

Protectionism has always been a hard fight. I just don't like the FAA being used in the process.

They are caught in a damned if you do, damned if you don't . They don't issue they get some body killed they get sued, they do issue they put a business out of business.

But you don't have to get "An Annual" to get a good inspection. We can operate perfectly safely without logbook signatures.
Yeah, and plenty of aircraft that are signed off as airworthy - have something wrong with them. This whole signature system is really perfect. I've never seen a flight school aircraft that had a bad problem that didn't have a good signature.

Yeah, and plenty of aircraft that are signed off as airworthy - have something wrong with them. This whole signature system is really perfect. I've never seen a flight school aircraft that had a bad problem that didn't have a good signature.

The reason is we are a "Rule of Law" nation, so the object is to have someone in a position who holds liability insurance to take the blame. It has nothing to do with safety, it's about establishing liability.

The reason is we are a "Rule of Law" nation, so the object is to have someone in a position who holds liability insurance to take the blame. It has nothing to do with safety, it's about establishing liability.
Ab$olutely.

Back