FAA Phone Agents

F

FL340

Hi all,

Long story short, I have a deferral which was submitted to the FAA early June. From my research, it seems that it helps to ring once a week to express interest on your file.

I inquired to my AME about calling, however he said it won’t do anything to expedite - so I didn’t call.

Fast forward to last week and I decided to call on a whim. I inquired with the phone agent on whether or not I should call, she mentioned that it does assist in expediting and recommended calling once a week.

I’m curious if the calls do actually flag your file to be reviewed quicker, would love to hear experiences from others who have gone through this gauntlet along with any AME’s who may have knowledge on the process.

I had an SI renewal routed to OKC when my local RFS was on vacation. I knew the process would take longer and it wasn’t their fault that my file wasn’t turned in with enough time. I called a few times and every time the person on the phone was helpful. Including when I got a call from OKC the day before my old SI expired asking for a fax number so they could send my renewal that day.

I did all my own paperwork and submissions to okc for my si after a heart attack.
I called regularly sometimes twice a week. Just to check in.
It took almost exactly four months from the time I started until I had my si in hand.
This was three years ago.
I want to add when I called I talked to the same four or six people every time. They were all nice and always said they would put a note in my file that I called.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back