FAA no engine and catagory etc

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
Hey guys,

I have a question. I purchased my 185 a while ago, kept checking the registry for the update, well it went through the other day but there are some odd things on there.

Airworthiness
Engine Manufacturer Unknown Classification Unknown
Engine Model Unknown Category None
Also the MFR year says None

My airworthiness cert is correct, but the registry shows this.

What's up with that?

Thanks,
James

This happens from time to time on re-issued airworthiness certificates (causes me some heartburn checking out whether you're allowed to park in Vintage at Oshkosh but we've got some sharp guys who know aircraft history that makes the call when the database fails us).
Do the logs show any STC work or rebuilding something around the date the airworthiness certificate issue date?

Hey guys,

I have a question. I purchased my 185 a while ago, kept checking the registry for the update, well it went through the other day but there are some odd things on there.

What's up with that?

Thanks,
James

Lag at the aircraft registry.

This happens from time to time on re-issued airworthiness certificates (causes me some heartburn checking out whether you're allowed to park in Vintage at Oshkosh but we've got some sharp guys who know aircraft history that makes the call when the database fails us).
Do the logs show any STC work or rebuilding something around the date the airworthiness certificate issue date?

The plane was exported to Canada then imported back to the US, the old reg didnt have all these nones and unknowns on it.

So R&W, you're saying the registry will update that missing info?

Would this require more paperwork on my end, or is this something that doesn't require any of my intervention?

Engine Manufacturer Unknown Classification Unknown
Engine Model Unknown Category None

What's up with that?
Simple: The FAA registration database has a *lot* of problems. There are 15,000 recip-powered airplanes that don't have entries for the type of engine. There are 34,000 airplanes that don't list a year of manufacture. There are 23,000 airplanes that don't even list what kind of Airworthiness certificate it has.

As others have said, don't worry about it. It's what's on the aircraft paperwork that counts.

Ron Wanttaja

Back