FAA Neuropsychological tests for ADHD

M

mdpilot

Hello friends

I was wondering if it's possible to retake the neuropsychological tests again if you don't do well on them the first time and get your medical renewal denied for a 1st class.

I have heard from some people that just retaking the tests themselves can help a lot since you know what to expect.

Also I found the digit span test a bit hard, but I've been told that these tests are supposed to be hard. Has anyone had experience with these tests for ADHD/Anxiety and managed to pass them?

I'm a college kid that got a misdiagnosis for ADHD and anxiety disorders + cognitive deficits which I've largely overcome by myself with help from my neuropsychologist.

What advice to you recommend?
If the FAA says that the medical is denied at this time, do I have to wait at least a year? They didn't give a specific timeframe to wait but I've been told 6 months is enough while I think a year and a half would be just enough.

your denial letter will spell out what recourse you have ... I would expect FAA will rec a psychiatry evaluation too.

One of the reasons for failure on the neurocognitive is "Anxiety disorder, Unresolved". You bet your socks the agency will be wanting a HIMS psychiatrist's opinion, as well.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back