FAA/NBAA Performance Videos

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
For those multi-engine drivers or multi-engine want-to-be drivers... Below are links to 4 newly produced videos from the FAA and NBAA regarding takeoff and landing performance which includes part 25 OEI material. I thought they were really well done so I am passing them along...

Takeoff Performance

Declared Distances

Wet Runway Performance

Landing Distance Assessment

For those multi-engine drivers or multi-engine want-to-be drivers... Below are links to 4 newly produced videos from the FAA and NBAA regarding takeoff and landing performance which includes part 25 OEI material. I thought they were really well done so I am passing them along...

Takeoff Performance

Declared Distances

Wet Runway Performance

Landing Distance Assessment

Multi Jet drivers and wannabes, this stuff does not apply to the recip world.

But what happens if my Apache loses the left engine right after V1 on a wet runway in Denver?

You're gonna pull both throttle and shut down over the other 2/3rds+ of the runway and turn off at a convenient exit because you sure as hell aren't going flying.;)

While a lot of it doesn't strictly apply to piston twins (who may not have any guaranteed performance OEI), watching this stuff and applying the principles of thinking ahead (pull both back as Henning mentioned) to the airplanes you DO fly is a good idea.

Back