FAA MedXPress Forum

Andrew444

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Drew
Will me having a prescription for Antidepressants/Xanax/Adderall in high school affect my pilot career? Had them for about a year in high school (no addiction to anything) and haven't been on any prescription for years because it was more of a high school thing than depression/anxiety. Will I be denied because of this?

Last edited:
Possible. But as others have said, it's sometimes the diagnosis leading up to the medication. Also did you take yourself off or did a doctor sign you off to be removed? Did whatever diagnosis you had to put you on them recur? Can you prove you improved?

Has that situation come up again since then?
Did you seek treatment?
Were you prescribed anything?

Yes it, my AME has been dealing with this with guys. Doctors subscribed drugs ADHD

yes, it has to be reported and can cause some hoops to jump through. Many threads about this on this forum.

Last edited:
There is an increasing trend @ FAA to require at very least a forensic psychiatrist's take (not a "for insurance" Care psychiatrist) on the entire history and on your current state. It is increasingly UNusual to solve the FAA's concerns with your PCP prescriber who is NOT CONSIDERED expert.

If you had a Board certified psychiatrist doing your care when you got the benzos, go back to see him again to get a "current status" report.

For ADHD meds it's a HIMS neuropscyhologist. No real choice here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back