FAA Medical expiration

W

WDMW

Hi,

I am a student pilot and I have a class 1 medical. I am going up to Chicago to get it renewed in a couple of days, but the medical expires soon after. I have an 8 day time frame from when I have the appointment to when my current one expires. Can I fly and take lessons while my medical is being looked over?

ok... check me on this one people...

if he does nothing it will revert to 2nd class automagically and he need do nothing. Then, depending on his age, it could further revert to 3rd class and still nothing need be done until fully expired.

[ravioli runs for cover]

Not to be a flip but your question brings up more questions. When was your medical originally issued? Answer that and we can give you an answer. Until then, the FARs are your friend.

Not to be a flip but your question brings up more questions. When was your medical originally issued? Answer that and we can give you an answer. Until then, the FARs are your friend.

The date of examination was on October 14th, 2016. The medical expires on October 31st, but since I was falsely diagnosed with ADHD and was on medicine for that up until I was 13 the AME had me do other tests and examinations from doctors. The last time I did this it took a couple of weeks for the FAA to get back with me in my results (I am practically doing the same thing this time since the FAA wanted to wait and see how I did).

Are you more than 40 yrs old? seems then you're stuck. but if you're less than 40 you have three more years,

upload_2018-10-2_22-45-57.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back