FAA Med Express

Ashe123456

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Ashe123456
Is Med Express the best place to check for any updates on your medical (which is deferred with the FAA and I have sent in additional information that they requested).

I have called the OKC number and told that it is currently "under review", but Med Express shows "transmitted".

Also, is it true that if you call the FAA constantly requesting updates that your file can/may be flagged as a "concerned airman" and they may prioritize the file. I'm guessing that isn't something that I can actually ask for. Thanks.

AOPA gets a bulk update every two weeks if you go through them iirc

for me, nothing happened for 6 months but two months after going through AOPA, I received answers

obviously this is one result and probably worthless info

ymmv

I called today and heard the same “under review”. They received the last requested information on April 6th. I have heard that calling speeds the process along and I have heard the opposite. They told me to call every two weeks. About a month ago the FAA rep said that med express would be the first place you would see the decision and that it was updated daily.

It will tell you when they have approved it for sure. All the other statuses appear to be a bit nebulous.

Your are right about that. There isn’t really any other information at all. Kinda useless really.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back