FAA mailing timeline

G

The FAA told me they sent a certified letter on November 30th, which I still ah ent received or had any delivery attempted. I know the USPS has been rather slow, but I’m trying to gauge how long this generally takes or if it’s possible then to resend it. Does anyone have anyone recent experience similar to this? The mailing process is taking longer than the review..

A certified letter should officially take only 2-3 days. Of course, the USPS is megahosed up right now. If they mailed it certified, there ought to be a tracking number (while machineable stuff officially doesn't actually have any tracking, the system has been heading toward doing so for all pieces). If the FAA can provide this, the first thing I would do is call your local postmaster. Many of them seem pretty responsive.

But alas, at over a month, it may be lost.

Last edited:
I recently received a letter from the aeromedical department. They sent it both certified and regular mail. The regular mail arrived weeks ahead of the certified.

...and the FAA is 21 days behind in scanning to system anything they physically receive. That starts AFTER a week in the MacArthur Decontam center.

Oh, you might check with your AME. The FAA usually "carbons" the AME on any airman correspondence.

You've got a receipt from the post office, go and ask them what's going on if it's not delivered yet.

I have nothing from the post office.. just that the FAA told me they sent it 11/30.

Sorry I mis-understood, I thought this was something you sent to the FAA. I suppose like any gov't agency you just have to wait, although a phone call to the FAA to ask what happened probably wouldn't hurt.

I have nothing from the post office.. just that the FAA told me they sent it 11/30.
The post office is a fustercluck. I sent some film to a specialty lab for processing on Dec 11. On Dec 31, it made it to Knoxville, where it now sits. Sent it by "priority", which was a waste of money (the counter person at the PO swore up and down that it would be 2 day service. Bull$***. Off by an order of magnitude.

I've also got a couple of bills that were sent out at the same time that haven't been received. They were things that either couldn't the paid online or there was an exhorbinant fee for doing so (including a local property tax bill). They haven't been received either. I'm hoping that the lost tax deduction, interest, and penalties won't total more than the stimulus check.

Lucas DeJoy has spent six months destroying the postal service. It had been doing pretty well up until then. It was beginning to make a comeback because Amazon and the carriers (FedEx, mostly) were using it for the "last mile."

Lucas DeJoy has spent six months destroying the postal service. It had been doing pretty well up until then. It was beginning to make a comeback because Amazon and the carriers (FedEx, mostly) were using it for the "last mile."
Ron, I've long had problems with USPS where I live, but it's mostly been last-mile. With the pandemic, we moved some payments online/auto but not all. This latest debacle will cost me money and has me working to move everything I can online (there are a handful of things that won't take online payment).

I've just today got first class letters postmarked December 17 (and from not that far away either). I was still getting poltical junkmail (presumably mailed with supposedly enough time to get to me before election day, weeks after the Nov. 3).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back