FAA legalese/Pirate speak?

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
Since tomorrow is Talk Like A Pirate Day, I wondered what the new AIM change would sound like:

Self-announce be a procedure whereby pilots broadcast the'r position or intended flight activity or poop deck operation on th' designated CTAF. This procedure be used primarily at airports which do nay be havin' an FSS on th' airport. Th' self-announce procedure ought also be used if a pilot be unable t' communicate wi' th' FSS on th' designated CTAF. Pilots statin', "Traffic in th' area, please advise" be nay a reckoned Self-Announce Position an'/or Intention phrase an' shouldna be used under any condition.

Doesn't seem too different from the original. Yarr!

>
Self-announce is a procedure whereby pilots broadcast their position or intended flight activity or ground operation on the designated CTAF. This procedure is used primarily at airports which do not have an FSS on the airport. The self-announce procedure should also be used if a pilot is unable to communicate with the FSS on the designated CTAF. Pilots stating, "Traffic in the area, please advise" is not a recognized Self-Announce Position and/or Intention phrase and should not be used under any condition.
<

"Avast, me Municipal Aiport hearties -- Cessna 123 is hard on your port quarter, sou' by sou'west -- heave to and prepare to be boarded on the 28 plank!"

Ron, you forgot to end with

"Any Scallywags in der area, be considerin ye selves advised!"

Hmmm, tomorrow.

Methinks that when on me checkride, I'd best be advised to not to speak this way, lest I be shown the plank!

N2212R said:
Hmmm, tomorrow.

Methinks that when on me checkride, I'd best be advised to not to speak this way, lest I be shown the plank!
Aaargh, what kind of bilge rat be makin ya walk the plank when ye deserve te be sent on your way with a hearty "aye, ye be passin"?

Arrr ye scurvy dogs. Any of ye dare to talk to the ATC scalawags like a pirate tomorrow?

"Arrr-Cessna XXX be on the downwind run jibing to a beam reach wi' foxtrot":goofy:

I'm thinking using the term "Pirate" on ATC may be a red flag, just warning y'all.

Either way, a healthy "Yarrr, be seeing ya in a fortnight!" for a good-day maybe in order.

Matthew said:
Since tomorrow is Talk Like A Pirate Day, I wondered what the new AIM change would sound like:

Self-announce is a procedure whereby pilots broadcast their position or intended flight activity or ground operation on the designated CTAF. This procedure is used primarily at airports which do not have an FSS on the airport. The self-announce procedure should also be used if a pilot is unable to communicate with the FSS on the designated CTAF. Pilots stating, "Traffic in the area, please advise" is not a recognized Self-Announce Position and/or Intention phrase and should not be used under any condition.
<

"Ayy matie, as you sail into harbor let your self be knownst to the rest. Be forewarned ye though, there is a code to be spoke and a code not to be spoke. If ye speaks the code "Ye in the area please advise" ye speak the code of the foe and be headed for the gallow."

aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh.

I found this picture from last year's Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Avast! I be needing' to land with RUM! Yarr! I be meanin' WHISKEY!

Attachments

• pirate_keyboard.jpg
    pirate_keyboard.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 18
CapeCodJay said:
Go here and get your Pirate Name!!!

http://www.froggynet.com/cgi-bin/pirate.cgi

Jason Robert Godbout became = Joseph Mean Arse!

Yarr!
I don't think it is working right I got
[FONT=helvetica narrow, arial narrow, arial, helvetica]Seaman Maria Lindsey the Black the first time and [/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica narrow, arial narrow, arial, helvetica]Jimmy the Fierce the second time I ran it.
[/FONT]

I think 'tis just a random name genarator matey's! ARRGGHH

Ken Ibold said:
Thanks for the reminder. The little league team I coach is the Pirates. We had practice tonight and I passed out an (edited) list of pirate words for them to use tomorrow. See www.talklikeapirate.com.

Aye! 'tis warming to me heart t' see th' young squids be raised up in the brotherhood right n' proper-like! Carry on matey!

Back