FAA Instrument Written exam validity?

odachoo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Odachoo
How long the written exam is valid for before taking the IFR practical test?

Thanks,
Odachoo

And that 24 months is to the completion of the practical test, not the start. If you begin the test and have to discontinue, the clock continues to tick. Good news is it's 24 calendar months, so if you took the written test on June 1, 2011, you still have almost three weeks to finish the practical test.

I'm looking for the information posted here that suggests the written may be revised soon. I'd like to know when that is so I can make a decision to either 'hurry up' and take the old test or 'wait' and take the new one.

I'm looking for the information posted here that suggests the written may be revised soon. I'd like to know when that is so I can make a decision to either 'hurry up' and take the old test or 'wait' and take the new one.
I am also in the same boat. I've been reading the IFH and about to start the IFP. I'm wondering if I should stop, or keep going to take the test this fall.

They just started working on it. Figure mid-2014 before it's revised. In any event, they will not require you to take the "new" test if the old one is passed and still within 24 months.

Doubt I'll wait a year in either case. I'm thinking of taking it now, just to get it over with

Hoping a revised test is easier than the current is a waste of time in my opinion. If you are prepared enough for an instrument rating, you shouldn't have a problem passing the instrument written test. The instrument rating is tough for a reason, stop trying to find an easy way out. Know the material you are required to, and you should do fine!

Back