FAA Funding - response from Sen. Salazar

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
I sent emails to Senators Allard and Salazar. I didn't even get an acknowlegement from Sen. Allard, but here's the response from Sen. Salazar.

Dear Greg:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). I appreciate hearing from you.

The aviation taxes and fees that fund FAA operations, including oversight of the nation’s aviation system will expire at the end of FY2007. In addition, most related federal aviation programs will also expire at this time. These taxes and fees, which are deposited in the airport and airways trust fund (aviation trust fund), pay for the majority of FAA's activities. Congress will likely consider legislation to reauthorize these important programs this Congress.

Reauthorization of the FAA falls to two Committees. The Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, recently reported the Aviation Investment and Modernization Act of 2007, which would authorize appropriations for the Federal Aviation Administration for fiscal years 2008 through 2010, improve aviation safety and capacity, and provide stable, cost-based funding for the national aviation system. The bill is awaiting full Senate consideration. In addition, the Next Generation Air Transportation System Financing Reform Act of 2007 is currently under consideration by the Finance Committee, due to its revenue-based provisions.

I understand the importance of these issues to Colorado’s aviation community, and I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind as legislation is brought before the Finance Committee, of which I am a member, and the full Senate. Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Ken Salazar
United States Senator

Please do not respond to this email. To send another message please visit my website at http://salazar.senate.gov/contact/email.cfm and fill out the webform for a prompt response. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------
So, a nice "thanks for your letter" but not a hint about what his direction of thinking is ...

Senator Salazar's computer sounds like a real nice guy. :yes:

Senator Lieberman's computer is a bit more long winded, it sent me 569 words of stuff I already knew and he isn't even on the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation nor the Senate Finance Committee.

It's either going to be very interesting, very scary, or both. :no:
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

What did Salazar say???

Senator Pryor (D-AR) sent me a letter in response to my email, letter, and phone call. He voted in our favor and says he will continue to support GA. Form letter for sure, but it was a good one.

its kind of ridiculous to expect these guys to personally write letters to each of us. that is so 19th century.

its kind of ridiculous to expect these guys to personally write letters to each of us. that is so 19th century.

I'd rather receive a one liner in his/her own words than a completely canned 7 paragraph response summarizing what I wrote my senator about, though.

theyd spend all day dictating resonses, then after a while theyd be spending all day dictating responses to complaints of why he isnt doing anything because all he does all day is dictate responses.

id just be happy to get a form letter. at least that means that someone in the office actually opened your envelope and went through the trouble of sortin gyour letter by topic.

id just be happy to get a form letter. at least that means that someone in the office actually opened your envelope and went through the trouble of sortin gyour letter by topic.

Out here, my senators are hit and miss. 50% of the time they'll respond, 50% of the time they won't. A friend of mine worked as an intern in a NY Senator's office last year and lets just say I was quite disappointed to hear how certain offices handle letters and e-mails from the public he/she serves.

The problem I have with a form letter is that it doesn't show me that my issues and opinions were correctly heard by my representatives. To me, it just shows there are people being paid by the government to open an e-mail, copy/paste a generic response, and send it like they were trained to do.

Maybe it's just me.

im not saying that wouldnt be nice Jason, it just isnt practical.

Have you ever considered getting involved in
"politics" on the local level?
attend precinct meetings?, go to fund raisers?
While doing so I have talked personally to local sheriffs, judges, state legislators, the Lt. gov., the Governor, Congressmen
Even. Sen Jessie Helms
160px-JesseHelms.jpg

I have yet to have a sit down with POTUS, .....give me time, it just might happen

A letter does not mean squat.....a hand shake, and speaking to them while looking them in the eye , gets your concerns ALOT more mileage. As usual, yours may vary.

Back