FAA Class 3 Medical

Sam7

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Sam
So my class 3 application got deferred (expected).

Apparently the FAA sent out a notice dated 11/16/2022 with further instructions on what needs to be done on my end which is a full neurological assessment with imaging (also expected). The problem, I didn't actually receive the notice until 12/01/2022 and I have 60 days from the date of the notice to get all this stuff back to them. I'm travelling for most of this month so that leaves me two weeks in January to get all this done which will be impossible, and thus my application will be forfeit and I need to apply again.

Should I let the current application lapse, reapply when I get back and then go through all the tests within 60 days or should I work on getting all the tests done first when I get back (now knowing what is required) and then reapply and send all the requested medical documentation once the new application gets deferred? Would the FAA make me undergo all the medical tests again under a new application?

Call and ask for more time.

Worked for me once when I had a limited time to respond but was unable to due to work.

I shall give this a try. I would hope they would give me more time since they short-changed me two weeks. One should be able to see the notice in the Medxpress portal but all I see is the date of the correspondence.

I’ve written them a letter simply stating I was working on it and needed more time. Was a nothing burger.

They need a method to close abandoned attempts. No progress in 60 days, they consider abandoned. That’s all.

I shall give this a try. I would hope they would give me more time since they short-changed me two weeks. One should be able to see the notice in the Medxpress portal but all I see is the date of the correspondence.

Ask for a 30-day extension, no real elaborate story needed, just a simple “earliest available appointment”.

I’m still waiting for my registration, already renewed my insurance policy! I’m sure it is reasonable for you to ask for as much time as you need, be up front about it and get it in writing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back