FAA ATC job

superdad

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
superdad
I have a friend that sent me a link to the FAA hiring ATC's. He was thinking of applying but thinks he would be denied because he has a couple Felonies for forgery and Misdemeanor theft from 1996. Do you think they would turn him down? I told him I have no clue.

I have a friend that sent me a link to the FAA hiring ATC's. He was thinking of applying but thinks he would be denied because he has a couple Felonies for forgery and Misdemeanor theft from 1996. Do you think they would turn him down? I told him I have no clue.

Considering that the max age that can be accepted is 31 and those offenses were 19 years ago I doubt they will matter. If he was under 12 at the time they should be in a juvenile record that won't be considered, if he was older than that then he is too old for the position even if he has a spotless record.

If the offenses occurred in 1996, probably he would be disqualified because of age, making the felonies a moot issue. The maximum age is 30.

https://www.faa.gov/jobs/career_fields/aviation_careers/media/fact_sheet_ATCS.pdf

As for the felony itself, the federal government can be more forgiving than one might expect. I know a fellow with a felony conviction (drugs) from about 15 or so years ago who has a top-secret clearance and works for DHS. He never thought he'd get the job or the clearance, but he did.

Rich

If the offenses occurred in 1996, probably he would be disqualified because of age, making the felonies a moot issue. The maximum age is 30.

https://www.faa.gov/jobs/career_fields/aviation_careers/media/fact_sheet_ATCS.pdf

As for the felony itself, the federal government can be more forgiving than one might expect. I know a fellow with a felony conviction (drugs) from about 15 or so years ago who has a top-secret clearance and works for DHS. He never thought he'd get the job or the clearance, but he did.

Rich

I thought a felony conviction was a requirement for DHS...

And POTUS too.....;);)......:D

Okay, okay, I read the requirements and it is either a felony conviction or a skin tight uniform...it did note that display of a moose knuckle or camel toe is optional although encouraged

Considering that the max age that can be accepted is 31 and those offenses were 19 years ago I doubt they will matter. If he was under 12 at the time they should be in a juvenile record that won't be considered, if he was older than that then he is too old for the position even if he has a spotless record.

...unless he previously held a controller position for at least a year, in which case there is no specific age limit.

Felony is a DQ in the clearance process.

Back