FAA ATC Biographical Assessments results tossed by congress

Jim Logajan

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Besides modest medical reform, congress gave the FAA the back of its hand when it basically negated the FAA's use of "biographical assessments" for screening air traffic control applicants:

“(2) USE OF BIOGRAPHICAL ASSESSMENTS.—

“(A) BIOGRAPHICAL ASSESSMENTS.—The Administrator shall not use any biographical assessment when hiring under paragraph (1)(A) or paragraph (1)(B)(ii).

“(B) RECONSIDERATION OF APPLICANTS DISQUALIFIED ON BASIS OF BIOGRAPHICAL ASSESSMENTS.—

“(i) IN GENERAL.—If an individual described in paragraph (1)(A) or paragraph (1)(B)(ii), who applied for the position of air traffic controller with the Administration in response to Vacancy Announcement FAA–AMC–14–ALLSRCE–33537 (issued on February 10, 2014), was disqualified from the position as the result of a biographical assessment, the Administrator shall provide the applicant an opportunity to reapply for the position as soon as practicable under the revised hiring practices.

Complete text of that section of that part of the bill may be found here:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th...36/text#toc-H99104CEF2AE04991AAB7D2C329C4986F

I am shocked, shocked I say that the Congress would actually do something logical.

I will say that despite having spent some 23 years of my life getting educated I had to read the bill to understand what the Congress intended by the word biographical. Seems I learn something new every day.

Back