FAA - Another Question

LatexCartmen

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
LatexCartmen
In the past, I was previously diagnosed with ADHD. I underwent the HIMS process for clearance, and it was suggested that my symptoms might be linked to anxiety rather than ADHD. During a review of my medical records, there was a surgical procedure where I declined pain medication. At that time, my doctor recommended CBD/THC for pain relief, which is legal in my area but not federally. I tried it once over four years ago but have not used it since, as I personally found it ineffective for pain management. I recently contacted the regional office, and they are currently reviewing my file regarding past THC usage. I’m uncertain about what to expect or if there will be a resolution in the near future.

Open to thought or suggestions.

Is this still part of the HIMS process for your ADHD?
I apologize for any confusion. I recently underwent ADHD testing via HIMS, which concluded that I had been misdiagnosed. Interestingly, while gathering my medical records, it came to light that I had undergone knee surgery approximately four years ago. Following the surgery, I opted out of pain medication, and my doctor suggested trying THC/CBD for pain management. I experimented with it once, but it had no discernible effect.

Subsequently, upon contacting the regional office, I learned that my file has been flagged due to potential drug use and is currently under review.

Following the surgery, I opted out of pain medication, and my doctor suggested trying THC/CBD for pain management.

Y’know, it sorta bothers me to have physicians recommending (and sometimes prescribing) things that violate federal law. Too bad that there doesn’t seem to be the same sort of accountability for the doctor as for the airman.

Y’know, it sorta bothers me to have physicians recommending (and sometimes prescribing) things that violate federal law. Too bad that there doesn’t seem to be the same sort of accountability for the doctor as for the airman.
I would agree with that. Lesson learned...

Just not sure what to expect.

Ironic… meanwhile faa prescribes things that aren’t medically necessary that then brand you… system messed up every which way!

Man, don’t know what to tell ya other than the classic expect the worst, hope for the best!

I did, JUST TODAY, learn of a gent who went to rehab (as directed by the faa, for a years old DUI), only to be turned away since it wasn’t medically necessary! He presented that to the faa, who at least let him off the hook for that. Interesting….

Ironic… meanwhile faa prescribes things that aren’t medically necessary that then brand you… system messed up every which way!

Man, don’t know what to tell ya other than the classic expect the worst, hope for the best!

I did, JUST TODAY, learn of a gent who went to rehab (as directed by the faa, for a years old DUI), only to be turned away since it wasn’t medically necessary! He presented that to the faa, who at least let him off the hook for that. Interesting….
Wow, that’s awesome to hear at least! I’m hoping I can just get through this and continue on with life.

Oh, it’s not really an “if”. It’s just how extreme they do (or don’t…) get.

Back