FAA and NexGen -- OK, OK -- got it!!

And now the TSA will get into the act and post Nude-O-Scope pix of Santa (damn my eyes!!!) and delay Christmas until July by insisting on screening every package.

And now the TSA will get into the act and post Nude-O-Scope pix of Santa (damn my eyes!!!) and delay Christmas until July by insisting on screening every package.

Especially mine. I'd been asking Santa for a toner cartridge and toothpaste.

Press Release – FAA Certifies Santa’s NextGen-Equipped Sleigh for Christmas Eve

http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=12237

The posturing in a supposedly lighthearted piece is really silly.

But that's the whole idea! It's written as the run-of-the-mill bureaucracy....

This paragraph is great:

"Santa’s reindeer-powered sleigh is already energy-efficient, but the NextGen technologies will further reduce Santa One’s carbon hoofprint. The shorter, faster routings means that Rudolph and the other reindeer will consume less hay, resulting in fewer greenhouse gases."

BTW, I'm sure a contractor wrote it, based on a low-bid RFP...

Don't blame the contractor. More likely the scenario played out like this:

Contractor: "Here you go, Sir -- the document you requested..."
GS-15: "Ok, OK -- wait -- where's some green stuff?"
C: "Hunh?"
GS: "Yeah -- I need it to say we're green -- carbon offsets and all that..."
C: "Ummm.. ok..."

One week and 40 hours changed to contract later....

GS-15: "Ok, OK -- wait -- where's some green stuff?"
C: "I put in that Santa's Sleigh is Energy Star compliant."
GS: "Hmmmm -- what about carbon?"
C: "Ummm.. ok..."

One week and 40 more hours changed to contract....

GS-15: "Ok, OK... Will anyone be offended by the word 'hoof?'"
C: "I don't know.. I can check...."
GS: "That's ok -- gotta get this approved. Thanks!"

Myself, I'm offended by this whole debacle. A United States Government agency used the word "Christmas" repeatedly throughout the entire press release. What happened to separation of church and state?

How many tax dollars were actually spent on this offensive to our Muslim brothers and sisters document? I also saw few if any references to American women, actually I could not read the whole thing I was so upset.

What about our Asian and African American citizens, where were they mentioned?

California was completely ignored, not even one small hint of of that great nation to our south, Mexico, the founders of California. What an insult.

This whole thing is just another example of a government agency running amok, they should be ashamed of themselves.

John

Waaaaaiit a second!

I didn't get that note with my secret squirrel decoder ring when I signed up here. I've made a note in the margins now.

Carry on!

“Children around the world will get their gifts on time, regardless of the weather, thanks to NextGen,” said U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood. “We’re proud to say NextGen is bringing Santa Claus to town.”

Typical govt ineptitude and arrogance. Fix something that aint broke then loudly boast of the anticipated increased efficiency.

LOL!
Didn't really expect such a funny writing for the government agency!

Back