FAA Airmen Inquiry Shows Renewed SI, but “In Review” with FAA

B

Bart H

Hi all - I have a Class 3 special issuance medical that I’m awaiting renewal on. In the initial certification, my medical said “NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER XX/31/2023.”

My information was sent in for renewal, and after a few months, the Airmen Inquiry database online updated to “NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER XX/31/2024”, which - in my eyes - shows that it may have been renewed since the year was updated. However, when I called the FAA, they said my medical is “in review.”

Does anyone know why there would be a discrepancy in the online database versus the FAA’s records?

Bart that means the certification decision has been made and favorably. But there are a couple of days between that point and when the document examiner grinds out the letter. And until that moment it's still in review. So to borrow from an aging british rockstar:

"DON'T PANIC, LADS!".

B

Yes u r right. British covers Scottish. Always thought British meant English. Learn something new every day. Sometimes it’s not even about FAA medicals!

Not only are you a far better dr than I am u r way more erudite!

Heck…my status (initial application/HIMS SI) has been in‘Final Review’ status since early October ‘23 but I received a copy of my issued medical cert and SI requirements via a company contracted to assist in the process. I’ve still not received the mailed certified letter/ med cert.. :rolleyes:

Heck…my status (initial application/HIMS SI) has been in‘Final Review’ status since early October ‘23 but I received a copy of my issued medical cert and SI requirements via a company contracted to assist in the process. I’ve still not received the mailed certified letter/ med cert.. :rolleyes:
can u share which company?

I had the experience of seeing my SI renewal approved like you did in the database; then I got another green sticker letter with a whole new line of inquiry causing 9 more months of delay. Someone apparently had overlooked a notation in doctors notes the first time. After that yo-yo of elation/defeat/hope I went Basic Med when it finally came through!

Back