FAA Adress form

Mafoo

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mafoo
I just got a letter in the mail giving me the option to Opt-Out of future mailings, and the FAA publishing my address.

I don't really see a reason to opt-out, but before I throw it away, is there a reason I should fill this out and send it back?

Alot of people don't want other pilots to find their home address. I know I suggested to a couple of Podcast people not to have their address in there. My instructor doesn't have his listed either but that's because he *could*

What they're supposed to offer is to opt out offer of ANY information (not just your mailing address) but the FAA steadfastly refuses to adopt the procedures mandated by the legislation authorizing their exemption to the privacy act.

It does say:

If you wish to "Opt-Out" of the inclusion of your personal information (i.e., address) to the public...

It does say:

If you wish to "Opt-Out" of the inclusion of your personal information (i.e., address) to the public...

I opted out back ten years ago, they only blanked out my address and not any of the sensitive information.

Back