FAA Administrator Nominee Is Possible Target of LA County Probe

I don't see why anyone would object to giving out no-bid contracts. That's just the government deciding where to spend the people's money. That's exactly how the entire government works by definition.

I don't see why anyone would object to giving out no-bid contracts. That's just the government deciding where to spend the people's money. That's exactly how the entire government works by definition.
It depends on what the law is in the jurisdiction involved.

Oh to be so simple minded...

I don't see why anyone would object to giving out no-bid contracts.

It isn't as simple as that. Governments set up various contracting mechanisms for differing needs and concerns. Just because something was no-bid does not mean it was not negotiated to be reasonable cost. Sole-source service contracts are often used, and are awarded for a variety of reasons. It can be very inefficient to have to bid out each and every need of any size. Sometimes there are legacy knowledge reasons for awarding a sole-source contract. Can the system be abused? Yes, but blanket statements that no-bid contracts are bad do not reflect the reality and complexities of government contracting.

“The basis of this search was questionable and will be investigated. This morning’s storming of my home by deputies with bulletproof vests & tactical gear was an effort to harass, intimidate & retaliate against a public figure who has been an outspoken critic of Alex Villanueva,” Kuehl tweeted, adding, “Today’s early morning search of my home was a thuggish attempt to intimidate and silence not just me but many other public servants who are working hard to rebuild the trust between law enforcement and the communities it is supposed to serve.”

No knock warrant? :eek:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/15/politics/phil-washington-los-angeles-investigation/index.html

Not sure why you directed this at me. I said people should not object to no-bid contracts. Your first sentence implies you disagree with me yet you stated the same general position I stated.

It isn't as simple as that. Governments set up various contracting mechanisms for differing needs and concerns. Just because something was no-bid does not mean it was not negotiated to be reasonable cost. Sole-source service contracts are often used, and are awarded for a variety of reasons. It can be very inefficient to have to bid out each and every need of any size. Sometimes there are legacy knowledge reasons for awarding a sole-source contract. Can the system be abused? Yes, but blanket statements that no-bid contracts are bad do not reflect the reality and complexities of government contracting.

Not sure why you directed this at me. I said people should not object to no-bid contracts. Your first sentence implies you disagree with me yet you stated the same general position I stated.

My apologies then, I misread the tone of your email. I thought you meant it in somewhat sarcastic manner based on the second sentence.

Back