F6 in Internet Exploder

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
what exactly does pressing F6 in IE actually do? I ask because of the following:

Our billing software at work sucks. It is riddled with bugs, and the developers never want to fix them, they're too busy adding more bug filled features to fix the current ones. From time to time, the software becomes unusable, and a refresh of the page and a relogon is the only way to fix it. Pressing F5 won't refresh the page unless F6 is pressed first. F6 and then F5, page refreshes, F5 by itself does nothing.

I noticed in a normal web brower window, pressing F6 does the same thing as ALT-D does, but does it do something else also?

Steve said:
from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306832

Move forward between frames CTRL+TAB or F6

I suspect this holds true for 6.0, also, as a default. If your IT people have reprogrammed your keyboards for specific software, it may respond differently in IE.
I would suspect that the programming hasn't changed (decent programmers avoid changing F-keys or other functionality when using another app as a shell) but that the wrong frame has the focus. Pressing F6 moves the focus, then F5 refreshes.

Back