F29 Possible Fly in, everyone welcome!

Tristar

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tristar
Hello everyone,

My birthday is comming up April 14th (saturday) and John has graciously proposed a Fly In to F29 (Oklahoma city, OK area) that would be hosted at his hanger. We're not sure on any details yet but it would be an afternoon get together to share airplane stories and give everone and me the opportunity to meet and hang around friends while turning 22. You don't have to bring anything and I'm sure it would be come and go as you please. We mainly wanted to see if anyone would give it a thought and post back.

Thanks!
Tristan

Here's the deal. I'm out for the rest of the week but I'll check in from time to time. I've got a nice big hanger and plenty of ramp space around to park airplanes. The FBO has fuel available on Saturday. Page Airport is located just to the West of OKC on the IRW 300 degree radial/13 miles. Nice parallel runways. We'll do the burgers and dogs thing. Post up if you think you can make it and help Tris celebrate her 35th birthday.

Darn

I'll be staking out parking spots at SnF that weekend. :(

Apply to have your birthday changed to May or something. :)

leahs birthday, sorry. have a good time

Yea I kinda knew you'd be out, its okay Tony. Wish her happy birthday for me.

Tony, Tony:

Bring Leah, we make it a double party.

Ba da bing, ba da boom.

Tony, Tony:

Bring Leah, we make it a double party.

Ba da bing, ba da boom.

this is doable, just send me the check to cover the rental cost from Rockford to OK and back. Although I don't think that this would be Leahs idea of the ideal 21st Bday celebration.

this is doable, just send me the check to cover the rental cost from Rockford to OK and back. Although I don't think that this would be Leahs idea of the ideal 21st Bday celebration.

Hmmm...

Who wants to share costs in the 182? :yes:

Count me as "doubtful" unless pax show up. Between Ames this weekend and the Fly-B-Q, I'm gonna be burnin' up the flying budget pretty quick.

Hmmm...

Who wants to share costs in the 182? :yes:

Count me as "doubtful" unless pax show up. Between Ames this weekend and the Fly-B-Q, I'm gonna be burnin' up the flying budget pretty quick.

if sharing costs = giving free dual, then im in :yes:

The more the marrier, although I know its tough right in between the two big ones; POA glide a thon and Gastons. We'll see what happens

Sorry, I can't make it either. I'm flying to a farm in NC that weekend to shear alpacas.

No can do. Getting fitted for wedding attire.

Ed I love the tag line!

I wish I could - Have a great BDay and Congrat Michael!

I keep seeing comments about guys getting ready for a wedding. So, which one of you guys is Tristan marrying??? I'm confused! :dunno:

Heck, she even waited until she was 35. Why?

I am not 35! *pouts and puts hands on hips*

I'm not getting married, just having a birthday, but if I ever do I'm sure you guys would be invited. You all are about my only true buddies afterall ...:rolleyes: :blowingkisses:

Last edited:
Sounds fun...wish I could make it.

Oh..and I'll be 35. :D

I'll fire up the Skyhawk and be there!! It might take me a while to get there though. PWA to F29 what 8 miles??:D

It might take me a while to get there though. PWA to F29 what 8 miles??:D
Nice to be close! I Mapquested it and found out it was 10+ hours in the Subaru. I have to be back by midnight Saturday night. Sorry Tristan, have a nice birthday bash!

I'll be at SIMCOM in Orlando --probably highly stressed out. Would much rather come up there and figure out who's getting married.

Trying to remember when I was 22 (scratching head, let's see--ah yea, 1969, Vietnam, already been shot once.) Not a great year for me.

Hope your 22nd is much better <vbg>.

Best,

Dave

Nice to be close! I Mapquested it and found out it was 10+ hours in the Subaru. I have to be back by midnight Saturday night. Sorry Tristan, have a nice birthday bash!

Do you drive old too :D

I'm sure there's room for a King Air Mari :)

I'm sure there's room for a King Air Mari :)

Naah, bring the Lear, I wanna see Jesse roll it. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm definitely out... I remembered that I have a friend visiting from out of town that weekend, and I don't think flying to OK will be her idea of fun. :eek: I've only gotten her in a plane once so far.

Naah, bring the Lear, I wanna see Jesse roll it. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm definitely out... I remembered that I have a friend visiting from out of town that weekend, and I don't think flying to OK will be her idea of fun. :eek: I've only gotten her in a plane once so far.

One word:

Chloroform.

Ed, now that you've given up your secret to getting dates to fly with you...

Where do ya buy that stuff??? :D

I make it in my parent's basement.

"MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEATLOAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Boy if meatloaf does that, I dont wanna know what spam would do!

Its been a while. Was that from it? I thought it was named something else or maybe I'm thinking of a different movie.

Back