F1 Season over

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
:frown3:

The season is over. No more races until March.

Seriously exciting end to the Drivers Championship though - about the last corner on the last lap of the last race. Unbelievable.

Sad for Coulthard to end his career on a turn 2 shunt.

yawn.

Edwards win today has turned the chase into something that could be interesting.

So what will the roughly 1,500 U. S. fans watch until then?

Seriously exciting end to the Drivers Championship though - about the last corner on the last lap of the last race. Unbelievable.

:rofl::rofl:

I dunno. I can't believe I watch it. A bunch of candy-assed, overpaid, cocky European shrimps driving around but never passing each other except in the pits? Yet, I find it strangely compelling.

I can tolerate about three laps, then some dope tries to pass in a corner that even my grandkids know will cause a wreck. How many U. S. races now? A couple?

:rofl::rofl:

I dunno. I can't believe I watch it. A bunch of candy-assed, overpaid, cocky European shrimps driving around but never passing each other except in the pits? Yet, I find it strangely compelling.

All I know is I can watch F1 for a little while, but NASCAR I can not watch at all.

So, you prefer chainsaw motors over real engineering? Hmmmm...

:)

No I prefer open wheeled racing to cars that do not resemble anything "Stock" that is available commercially. "Stock" car racing is a lie. I just don't get it.

No I prefer open wheeled racing to cars that do not resemble anything "Stock" that is available commercially. "Stock" car racing is a lie. I just don't get it.
It started as stock car racing years ago. As cars got faster, they needed a safer vehicle not to mention it was more costly to replace a car with a "stock" car. Are they truly a stock car? Of course, not. The drivers may as well put a gun to their head.

But, just like F1 cars, they are built to be as safe as possible. Likewise, tracks have also been modified to be safe for both the drivers and the fans.

One thing is for certain. There are a set of values and standards that exist in NASCAR that are not found in any other sport. There is a second chance after a long period of reproving one's self but there are no third chances. It's a lifetime ban for the driver.

Ken,

I hear ya. But as a Yankee with committed southern values (state's rats) I still don't get NASCAR. Sorry. :D

Last edited:
See, therein lies your problem... you're a dang yankee! :D

No. I am a DAMN Yankee because I currently live in the South.

Yankee = Goes to South and visits, then leaves.

Damn Yankee = Goes to South and stays.

#$!^@%$%^@&&&@%$!%%!!! Yankee = Those that bring their Yankee values to the South.

:D

#$!^@%$%^@&&&@%$!%%!!! Yankee = Those that bring their Yankee values to the South.

Well said. Do you think Austin has its leanings because of the home-grown? :)

Well said. Do you think Austin has its leanings because of the home-grown? :)

Only the home grown fruits and nuts. All others are Yankees or Yankee wannabees. :D

Wouldn't it be funny if they had a coin flip before each Nascar race to determine if they'd go around clockwise, or counter clockwise????? Make 'em turn right for a change.

They should incorporate the old Le Mans start. Now THAT's exciting!!!

What does it look like when you think your son just won the F1 Championship, only to find out he didn't??????????

Attachments

• owned.gif
    owned.gif
    2 MB · Views: 4
What does it look like when you think your son just won the F1 Championship, only to find out he didn't??????????

Yeah, I watched that celebration. Somebody on the wall was probably watching timing and scoring and said, Holy Crap - Hamilton passed Glock. First celebration, then shock, then sadness. Tough luck.

True test of whether or not you are a yankee........

Is barbeque a noun......
Or a verb.
Something you eat?
Or something you do?

Was the War of Northern Aggression about Slavery, or States Rights?

The attached is a pic of the obligatory Memorial to the Glorious Confederate Dead in Madison, Ga.
Ever' town has one.......

Attachments

• Memorial.jpg
    Memorial.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 3

Maybe you and I are the only F1 fans. I've found it a bit more challenging
since they don't carry many live any more. Was nice when Speed carried
them all. I've followed F1 forever. I miss the period with Senna, Mansell, Alesi,
Prost, & Piquet. I was a huge Senna fan and it's never been the same since
he hit that wall and was killed.

Back