Eyes for U

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi All:

I just passed my flight physical and I was wondering what the eye numbers meant.

20/20 ?

20/60 ?

I was always told that 20/20 was perfect vision. Is it possible to be "above perfect?"

Anyway, I asked the Dr. and he didn't know.

Thanks;

Terry :dunno:

from http://www.aoa.org/x4695.xml

20/20 vision is a term used to express normal visual acuity (the clarity or sharpness of vision) measured at a distance of 20 feet. If you have 20/20 vision, you can see clearly at 20 feet what should normally be seen at that distance. If you have 20/100 vision, it means that you must be as close as 20 feet to see what a person with normal vision can see at 100 feet.

And the other question: yes it is possible to have better than 20/20 vision, 15/20 is great and 10/20 is astounding. Eat your carrots and exercise those eyes.

from http://www.aoa.org/x4695.xml

20/20 vision is a term used to express normal visual acuity (the clarity or sharpness of vision) measured at a distance of 20 feet. If you have 20/20 vision, you can see clearly at 20 feet what should normally be seen at that distance. If you have 20/100 vision, it means that you must be as close as 20 feet to see what a person with normal vision can see at 100 feet.

And the other question: yes it is possible to have better than 20/20 vision, 15/20 is great and 10/20 is astounding. Eat your carrots and exercise those eyes.

Except it would be 20/15 or 20/10, meaning you could see at 20 feet what a normal person could only see at 15 or 10.

I had 10/20 for the last few physicals. The last one had one eye down to 20/20. I was not happy. The doc told my I was just getting old. grrr.

I had 10/20 for the last few physicals. The last one had one eye down to 20/20. I was not happy. The doc told my I was just getting old. grrr.

Yeah, me too, getting old. I used to be 20/07, then last medical I was down to 20/15.:mad:

If carrots are so good for your eyes, why are there dead rabbits on the roads?

I'm thinkin' that no one ever claimed that a rabbit or rabbits in general are or were particularly smart.

Attachments

• Falling_hare_bugs.jpg
    Falling_hare_bugs.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 215
Hi All:

I just passed my flight physical and I was wondering what the eye numbers meant.

20/20 ?

20/60 ?

I was always told that 20/20 was perfect vision. Is it possible to be "above perfect?"

Anyway, I asked the Dr. and he didn't know.

Thanks;

Terry :dunno:

When I entered Aviation Cadets in the Air Force, the medical people told me my vision was "better than 20/5" and they couldn't measure any closer than that. I'm now 67 and my vision has failed down to 20/20. Probably these days they have equipment that could measure what they could not in 1961.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back