Eyeglass Frames For Headsets

Dihedral

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Dihedral
Has anyone here had a custom eyeglass frame made that will hook over a Bose or David Clark type headset? Or one that fits close to the head and doesn't break the seal?
Thanks!

My titanium frame temples are flexible and very thin and fit just fine.
I bought them at Cosco, but you can get them at most optical places.

I've always worn "John Lennon" style frames and have never had an issue.

I've never had a custom frame made but I normally buy sunglasses that have thin blade temples, and bend them if I need to so they hug my head.

My glasses are the bendable type. They work fine with all headsets I've tried, including David Clamps. They do not break the seal (the ANR tends to feed back when that happens).

I've never had an issue wearing spy and raybans under my Zulus, however there is a frame made to fit under headsets and in helmets.

Think they are also the standard issue USAF and NASA

af546112013b.jpg

http://www.pilotshop.com/catalog/pspages/randolph2611.php?gclid=CNan4dijp78CFc5lfgodSCcAUQ

Wow! Plastic sunglasses with poly-carbonate lenses for only $160. Now that's a deal!

:thumbsup:

Looks like you need to brush up on your skim reading before making foolish posts. They're actually nylon, the poly lenses are decentered, and I'll let you actually read the rest on your own rather than me having to hold your hand every time.
Hey good talk though.

Last edited:
I wear whatever glasses I like with my Halos, and never worry about batteries. Much nicer than any clamp-down ear seal will ever fit around any eyeglass frame.

Your shop?

I do like this feature, which I haven't seen before:

BIFOCAL LENSES AVAILABLE
If you don’t need full prescription lenses, just readers, we now have bifocal lenses available in five strengths: +1.5, +2.0, +2.5, +3.0, and +3.5. The division line where the bifocal section begins is available in two heights: The high bifocal is a touch higher than “regular” bifocals, which makes it easier to see the instrument panel at a glance in most cockpit environments. The low bifocal is similar to “reader” glasses, where you have to look down to see through the magnified portion, and is useful if you really only need a bit of magnification for charts and not for the panel.

Looks like you need to brush up on your skim reading before making foolish posts. They're actually nylon.
And since when is Nylon not a plastic?

Actually, Shane, my beef is not with you. My beef is with the MC for allowing you and Jay and others to frequently run around this site selling stuff outside the confines of the classifieds.

It's a pretty simple concept:

The rules are the rules. If you have rules then enforce them. If you're not going to enforce them, then eliminate them.

Don't do things half ass.

The only beef I have with you is your tendency to slam your competition. That doesn't gain you admiration or customers.

Your shop?

I do like this feature, which I haven't seen before:

Yes sir! We just started carrying those, because the guy who makes them solved several issues with sunglasses / glasses in the cockpit, like the high / low bi-focals that are really great. We tried to put all the great dev stuff on ours but if you want more info he's got a site as well, www.flyingeyes.biz

Shane
The Squawk Shoppe
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And since when is Nylon not a plastic?

Actually, Shane, my beef is not with you. My beef is with the MC for allowing you and Jay and others to frequently run around this site selling stuff outside the confines of the classifieds.

It's a pretty simple concept:

The rules are the rules. If you have rules then enforce them. If you're not going to enforce them, then eliminate them.

Don't do things half ass.

The only beef I have with you is your tendency to slam your competition. That doesn't gain you admiration or customers.

You could start up your own site and strictly enforce the rules. You could even make up arbitrary rules on the fly and enforce them. "Whoops you broke the 12 word sentence rule...BANNED. sorry, the rules are the rules." The local university could offer a law degree specializing in "Tim's Forum Law". You could require all moderators to pass a bar exam and take an oath to enforce every rule in the TOS. This rule following forum is going to be awesome.

I do agree though some of the folks pushing their wares here have turned me off.

Back