Eye Test II

That's pretty neat. I'm wondering if it has to do with how your eyes adapt to different levels of light. Your focus is on one point but peripheral vision is on the rest of the photo until you move your focal point.

I think it has to do with the photochemical balance in your eye...did I just lose anyone because I think I lost myself!!! The colors over stimulate chemicals that are located in the macula fovea area (where most of the cone cells are)that allow you to see color. So when you see the exact opposite (which is black and white) in this case you the eye "over compsitates" and you see the correct color instead of B&W. If you move your eye out of the macula fovea region in your eye, you lose the effect because the chemicals are not "over stimulated".

Last edited:
I think it has to do with the photochemical balance in your eye...did I just lose anyone because I think I lost myself!!! The colors over stimulate chemicals that are located in the macula fovea area (where most of the cone cells are)that allow you to see color. So when you see the exact opposite (which is black and white) in this case you the eye "over compsitates" and you see the correct color instead of B&W. If you move your eye out of the macula fovea region in your eye, you lose the effect because the chemicals are not "over stimulated".
That sort of describes what I was thinking. I just use any big words. Good work, Mr. Army Chaotic Bird Pilot! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
HA thanks Ken!! I could be wrong...its just using what I "think" I know about the eye...:)

Notice I used rods when I should have used cones...I caught it when I reread it after posting and noticed it wasn't right. Looks like I didn't correct it fast enough because you can see it in Ken's quote.

Last edited:
HA thanks Ken!! I could be wrong...its just using what I "think" I know about the eye...:)

Notice I used rods when I should have used cones...I caught it when I reread it after posting and noticed it wasn't right. Looks like I didn't correct it fast enough because you can see it in Ken's quote.
Can see what? :goofy:

Back