Eye surgery

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
With respect to a surgical procedure to remove a sclera/corneal lesion would the FAA's postion be that a pilot's determination of compliance with 61.53 be satisfactory?

Follow up OVs reveal that everything--including pressure and vision--is back to normal. The surgeon has dictated a "To whom it concerns" letter specifying the condition, surgery, and full recovery with no limitations but I haven't yet received that letter. The letter is to address my concerns WRT FAA and acting PIC before my next AME exam. I guess I will simply hand the letter to the AME at my next exam. Would that satisfy the FAA or should I schedule a full eye exam prior to the AME exam?

Succintly, would I be able to act PIC following the surgery but before my next AME exam? My current med cert has not expired.

Richard said:
With respect to a surgical procedure to remove a sclera/corneal lesion would the FAA's postion be that a pilot's determination of compliance with 61.53 be satisfactory?
YES.
Follow up OVs reveal that everything--including pressure and vision--is back to normal. The surgeon has dictated a "To whom it concerns" letter specifying the condition, surgery, and full recovery with no limitations but I haven't yet received that letter. The letter is to address my concerns WRT FAA and acting PIC before my next AME exam. I guess I will simply hand the letter to the AME at my next exam. Would that satisfy the FAA or should I schedule a full eye exam prior to the AME exam?
If you can shoot the specs on the eye chart, yes it would
Succintly, would I be able to act PIC following the surgery but before my next AME exam? My current med cert has not expired.
Yes. In the interim you are in a self certifying condition.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back