Eye problem

A

Anon

Hello

My Husband complained of blurry vision and seeing balckspots in his left eye about 3 weeks ago.

After me thinking it was a migraine and told him to take panadol and sleep it off, he woke up with vision still blurry and spotty. We went to the doctor who could see inflammation at the back of his eye and "less blood flow" to his retina, we were sent to the hospital.

And MRI and Xray were all clear and bloods done at this time were clear.

He was put on steroid drops and tablets to bring down inflammation and was referred to a second eye doctor at the hospital when things didn't improve.

Then his other eye started to go slightly blurry..

He's had a test for eye chickenpox done and was put straight on antiviral tablets while we waited for the results to come back.. incase it was viral and it may have helped in the interim.

He's noticed slight improvements in both but not alot.

To date, we've had an MRI , X-ray, blood tests and a screening for eye chickenpox .. we still don't have answers . All tests have been "clear" and doctors just don't know

Can anyone help with what this could be ?

We are based in NZ so tests done here may be different.

Hi thanks for your replies

Yes he did see Opthamologist through hospital, he is now an outpatient.

Since my last message, is is improving gradually day by day which is a good sign

They've done every blood test and check of the eyes under the sun and it's still a mystery.

Back