Extreme sports?

Same thing. Bigger waves, lighter medium. Less chance of drowning. ;)
Yes, the waves are bigger... sometimes I wish that I could see them coming, like you can on a boat!

Hiking/Camping including trail maintenance, autocross, roller skating, bicycling, skiing, swimming. Haven't done any scuba in a long time, nor any parachuting.

And oh, yeah... Axe-throwing.

Hiking/Camping including trail maintenance, autocross, roller skating, bicycling, skiing, swimming. Haven't done any scuba in a long time, nor any parachuting.

Hence the T-Shirt knowledge. Nice cross thread post.

Wait roller skating as in rink skating?

Hey first post!

I'm working on my PPL (extreme to some I guess?)
Brew my own beer
Pistol/Rifle/Skeet shooting

but, my true passion, and probably the main reason I just bought a plane, Cave Diving. Yes I love going thousands of feet back in water filled holes in the ground to look at wet rocks :).

Oh, I also enjoy deep wreck diving. I've done some incredibly pretty wreck dives in Bonaire, Lake Erie, Florida Keys, Australia, etc.

With my PPL I'll be able to get to those holes in the ground much faster!

-Dan

Hey first post!

I'm working on my PPL (extreme to some I guess?)
Brew my own beer
Pistol/Rifle/Skeet shooting

but, my true passion, and probably the main reason I just bought a plane, Cave Diving. Yes I love going thousands of feet back in water filled holes in the ground to look at wet rocks :).

Oh, I also enjoy deep wreck diving. I've done some incredibly pretty wreck dives in Bonaire, Lake Erie, Florida Keys, Australia, etc.

With my PPL I'll be able to get to those holes in the ground much faster!

-Dan

Strange thread to make your first post and unusual reason to get a pilot cert, but welcome. Are you training now?

I don't do anything really extreme. I'm a pretty conservative flyer, and my only other outdoor hobbies are bicycling* and hiking. I've combined two out of the three before, but have yet to do all three in one trip. I do love flying to some neat spot, unpacking the bike and then it's off to see the countryside!

*Some would say that riding a bicycle on the road with traffic is pretty extreme... but I don't ride with rush hour traffic and there are a lot of roads I avoid at ANY time of the day.

Besides flying, my two biggest distractions are shooting (mostly handguns), and skydiving. Neither are really extreme sports.

I'd really like to try gliding, paragliding, and speed-flying.

Strange thread to make your first post and unusual reason to get a pilot cert, but welcome. Are you training now?

Yeah, probably, but I just registered and saw this thread, and it looked like fun :).

I'm a bit past solo now with my lessons, but starting over a bit since I just switched from the rental 150 I had been flying to the 177 (Cardinal) we purchased.

Just about comfortable flying it, still not were I'd like to be with the landings, but they are getting better.

I'm hoping to do a lot of different trips with the plane, but turning a 13 hour drive to cave dive, into a 4.5 hour trip is a big part of the appeal.

-Dan

And outdoors. It's not "extreme", just something I enjoy. I've tried roller blading and ice skating and found them to be hard on my ankles.

What kinds of wheels allow you to roller skate outdoors? Or are you in a tennis court? My figure skating wheels are a different hardness and really rough feeling outside.

Back