Extra RAM mount

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Turns out the iPad 2 (full size) doesn't work for me in the cherokee. Selling the spring-loaded cradle and a yoke mount, attempted to use once.

Details:
* Product Number: RAM-HOL-TAB3U
RAM Tab-Tite Cradle for the Apple iPad 1-4 WITH OR WITHOUT LIGHT DUTY CASE
Photo at: http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-HOL-TAB3U
Retail $27.67

Product: RAM-B-121BU
RAM Mount Yoke Clamp Base with 1 inch Ball
yoke diameter from 0.625" to a maximum of 1.25"
Photo at: http://www.rammount.com/search?utf8=✓&query=RAM-B-121BU
List: $24.49

$15 each and I'll pay the shipping. PayPal works for me. Or personal check.

Have you thought of trying an additional double-socket arm to allow more flexibility in placement? What you are selling plus that is what I use with my full-size iPad 3 in Cherokees, Warriors, Cessnas and Mooneys. Sits right between the horns of the yoke without covering much in the way of instruments and gauges. Of course, YRMV.

Bro, I'll send you a pic of mine....not sure doesn't work for you...

Doesnt't matter the configuration. I sit close, so when its on the yoke it's either digging into my waist or blocking the panel. I tried the pax yoke, but when turning the yoke, it hits the glareshield. Vacuum mount to the pax window works great but that means no pax can sit there, not in my line of sight, and awkward to use the iPad controls. Had a passenger holding it couple weeks ago, didn't work that well and I hate knee boards.

The Mini is the way to go. In my Warrior, have one on a yoke mount and another on the right side panel. Never in the way, always accessable.

Yea I have a mini on a yoke mount in the Cherokee for my main with stratus 1. I had the stratus over heat and shut down on me. So I bought a bad elf and iPad setup from a member here as a backup figured it would be nice to have a yoke mount option should I ever need to deploy it.

Back