Extra 300L's ROCK!!!

Yes. I am now very jealous of Chip's Extra. I liked flying it, yeah, but after not flying in my Citabria in the four plus years we've owned it, my wife said of Chip's plane: "See, now I would LIKE a ride in that!"

Must be the low wings.

Yeah! The Extra 300L is how I got into trouble in the first place. Maybe a bunch of us could buy one and keep it in the middle of the country somewhere.

Toby said:
Yeah! The Extra 300L is how I got into trouble in the first place. Maybe a bunch of us could buy one and keep it in the middle of the country somewhere.
Yeah, like Jacksonville, Fla.

Ken Ibold said:
Yeah, like Jacksonville, Fla.

That's not exactly the middle. Hey Dr. Bruce has an extra hangar at 3MY, that's pretty central! And not too far away for me either. :p

The Extra does have that effect on people. It got me hooked in 1996, when I wrote a pilot report for the GA News (see attached PDF). Perhaps it will resonate with some of you who've just had your first Extra experience.

Ken Ibold said:
Yes. I am now very jealous of Chip's Extra. I liked flying it, yeah, but after not flying in my Citabria in the four plus years we've owned it, my wife said of Chip's plane: "See, now I would LIKE a ride in that!"

Must be the low wings.

Naw, it's the fabulous paint job.

Ken Ibold said:
... my wife said of Chip's plane: "See, now I would LIKE a ride in that!"

Must be the low wings.
Perhaps it was just the fabulously good looking pilot. :rofl:

Toby said:
There is NO substitute for horsepower. none, None whatsoever. Accept no substitute.

What's really cool about Extras is that they're actually nicely harmonized :).

Steve said:
Chip needs a cold shower ever time he gets out of that personal rocketship.:yes:
So next year we will sneak up behind him at his parking spot and douse him with coolers full of gatorade.

I almost made myself puke in Chip's plane -- things were better when he flew it. You really gotta have great hands for that thing...

Ron Levy said:
I almost made myself puke in Chip's plane -- things were better when he flew it. You really gotta have great hands for that thing...

Chip, I think you've just been paid a major compliment. :D

Back