Extra 300L video

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Here is an interesting video on YouTube supposedly put up by Marc Schrenker.

One of the comments at the beginning is "The pilot flying this aircraft was specially trained to fly unlimited aerobatics and airshows." Wonder if he ever did an air show? :dunno: Wonder if he ever got involved in competition? :dunno:

He also mentioned going 270 mph under the bridge.

I enjoyed watching Chip's Extra videos more than this one. ;)

Looked like he had a bit more room than 20 feet underneath the bridges. But good thing he was SPECIALLY trained. I missed the lesson about flying under bridges.

I've seen much better from Peter Besenyei (sp???) Are the comments at the beginning supposed to make me sit on the edge of my seat or something :sleep: :smilewinkgrin:

One of the comments at the beginning is "The pilot flying this aircraft was specially trained to fly unlimited aerobatics and airshows." Wonder if he ever did an air show? :dunno: Wonder if he ever got involved in competition? :dunno:

Could that possibly be because Chip's not a tool?

Are the comments at the beginning supposed to make me sit on the edge of my seat or something :sleep: :smilewinkgrin:

No, they're supposed to get all the commenters who say "That's ILLEGAL! I'm going to report you to the FAA!" to shut the hell up.

LMFAO, what a tool. It isn't difficult to fly at 10 feet under a bridge.

He is pretty high on himself for him to think that he did anything amazing there. Also, I think 274 mph would be above Vne. Idiot.

He needs to watch some some crop dusting, or watch John Mohr perform...I hope he enjoys prison.

Last edited:

Shoot, that's the bridge between Nassau and Paradise Island and is like 69' over mean high water IIRC. Not particularly impressive. Now, if he would have climbed out between them into a loop coming out the bottom through the other bridge, or cut through over the Hurricane Hole fuel dock, that wold have been more interesting.

Yeah real difficult, can he fly low and hold altitude until the bridges go over or what? If he didn't mess with the frames per second, the speed on film does look as advertised and if the +/-10G mods were made to the Extra as claimed, that speed might be under Vne as well, not that that is a particularly big aviation accomplishment either.

Last edited:
Yeah real difficult, can he fly low and hold altitude until the bridges go over or what? If he didn't mess with the frames per second, the speed on film does look as advertised and if the +/-10G mods were made to the Extra as claimed, that speed might be under Vne as well, not that that is a particularly big aviation accomplishment either.

I dunno what "mods" he's talking about, I'm pretty sure the Extra is ±10 G stock from the factory.

The 300L is +10/-10 with one pilot and acro fuel. Vne is 253 mph. Both are regularly exceeded by the big boys (and girls). A two bit wanna-be who doesn't show up in any of the IAC contest lists I've found; not so much.

There is no way he was any where near 270mph, and no where near 10g either. (I haven't flown under any bridges, but do have over 400hours in an Extra 300L)

There was a video of Jurgis Kayris (sp) a few years ago doing a much lower bridge while inverted that was much more impressive.

Back