Extention of Authorization for 3rd class SI certificate

Majid. M

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Love to Fly
My good fellow pilots
This question is for the ones with SI medical certificate.
I have been maintaining 3rd class SI for the past (God KNOWS) 12-13 years. Every year after seeing my AME and extending my 3rd class, I get an authorization from FAA with instruction of what i need to do for the next year with expiration date for that authorization letter.

last year the letter said " THE AUTORIZARION EXPIRES : MAY 31 2025". I thought when 2025 comes FAA will look at my 15-17 years of compliance and make a decision of continuing my SI.

Yesterday got the same latter for next year with the same instruction as last year, but the extended the Authorization changed to May 31 2027.... what the heck?
Is this will go on for ever? I mean FAA will continue extend the date every year for ever or one of these days ( I was hoping in 2025) look at my file and come to a decision whether I need SI anymore or should I be in SI?

Have a safe and fun 4th of July..

I do not know the details. You may have a condition that will never expire. You may want to consider a basic med. certificate.

If it's alcohol dependency you will be monitored forever, albeit with stepdown such that after 7 years you ma be only on "human" monitoring by a HIMS AME.
All others- it depends on the "What's for?"....

If it's alcohol dependency you will be monitored forever, albeit with stepdown such that after 7 years you ma be only on "human" monitoring by a HIMS AME.
All others- it depends on the "What's for?"....
My SI is for OCD in the past. Off of medication for more than decade. All of psychiatric evaluation are positive and my doctor has mentioned in his report several times that Psychiatric evaluation is unnecessary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back