extending your student medical

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Hi all

My student medical (2 yrs) expires on October 31. My medical itself lives for a year after that - I just need to extend the student privileges.

Is this difficult to do? What's the quickest way to do it? I don't have to go through the whole procedure again do I?

thanks...

The quickest way is to find the time and finish up the license... (someone had to say it ;) ).

Actually, you can get a DE or the FAA FSDO to issue an extension.

wsuffa said:
The quickest way is to find the time and finish up the license... (someone had to say it ;) ).

actually, that's the plan. I'm re-starting August 25 and plan to get in no less than 20 hours by October 31, and hopefully more.

Last edited:
woodstock said:
actually, that's the plan. I'm re-starting August 25 and plan to get in no less than 20 hours by October 31, and hopefully more.

So, you need to have the FAA do the SODA ride. Ask them to extend the student certificate as part of the deal. Unless, of course, they delay you forever....

Last edited:
wsuffa said:
You don't get "an extension," you get a new Student Pilot Certificate with a new two-year expiration date, but it's only a Student Pilot Certificate, not a medical certificate, and the solo endorsements are not transferred. You must keep the old paper along with the new one to use as your medical certificate until it expires a year later, and for the solo endorsements on the back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back