Extending Invitations to Others ?

n741dm

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Don McGilvray
Chuck, Brian, et al:

Now that we're past the first couple of day shakedown, do you feel it appropriate to start encouraging folks from other aviation forums to drop on by to check out PoA?

I noted that in the past few hours there have been quite a few (like 8 - 10) guests checking out the action... this is a good thing !

I'm thinking the more the merrier... :)

n741dm said:
Chuck, Brian, et al:

Now that we're past the first couple of day shakedown, do you feel it appropriate to start encouraging folks from other aviation forums to drop on by to check out PoA?

I noted that in the past few hours there have been quite a few (like 8 - 10) guests checking out the action... this is a good thing !

I'm thinking the more the merrier... :)
The more users we have, the more interaction and interest we generate. By all means, invite away....but please be discreet about it. Jumping into a forum, posting a "hey everyone, let's get out of here and go to PoA!" isn't going to leave the impression we'd like to give. We feel that both sites can operate together, just with different cultures.

Any site that accepts HTML codes for signatures can have a custom PoA logo and link. Chuck wrote up instructions at http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/showthread.php?t=80&highlight=signature. That's a nice, subtle way of saying "Oh, by the way, here's a really cool site you may want to check out." ;)

Brian Austin said:
The more users we have, the more interaction and interest we generate. By all means, invite away....but please be discreet about it. Jumping into a forum, posting a "hey everyone, let's get out of here and go to PoA!" isn't going to leave the impression we'd like to give. We feel that both sites can operate together, just with different cultures.

Any site that accepts HTML codes for signatures can have a custom PoA logo and link. Chuck wrote up instructions at http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/showthread.php?t=80&highlight=signature. That's a nice, subtle way of saying "Oh, by the way, here's a really cool site you may want to check out." ;)

You sly fox... I like the way you think! :D

I ask one acquaintance at a time. We do have the critical nucleus, here, though :)

A noticed a spike in the Guest count yetserday too. Looking into it a bit further, it turned out that we were getting a lot of hits from very similar IP addresses - all from one domain.

It may be that we got our first "web crawl" yesterday - which is a good thing because it means the search engines are going to start noticing us. I don't expect us to show up on Google or Yahoo over night, but we have been submitted to something like 35-40 various engines, so gradually we will start increasing our accessibility via that route. (It takes the big engines several months to do a full web crawl and start over on thier list of domains to search, and we're at the bottom of the submission lists...so it will be a while)

I second Brian's comments about not attempting to come across as "POA rocks this place sux go to POA". We're just trying to be a nice airport to visit - not put any others out of business. :)

Back