Extended Minimum Crew Operations: Need ur help!

laudenaerde

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
laudenaerde
Hi!

I’m currently doing a bachelor in aviation sciences with major airline pilot. Together with 2 other students, we are currently writing our thesis about Extended Minimum Crew Operations (More information on this can be found in the questionnaire)

In our research, we want to investigate and include the current public opinion of Flight crew on this subject. Therefore, we would greatly value your input by filling in the following brief questionnaire:
https://forms.gle/cLHewnfkERa4iFvU9

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and valuable feedback!

Kind regards,

The problem with these sorts of questionnaires is that we never get the results of the survey and the ultimate conclusions reached by said surveys. Not that I mind doing them. It’s just that I would like to see the outcome.

In our research, we want to investigate and include the current public opinion of Flight crew on this subject.

That is a confusing statement. Do you want the opinion of the public or the opinion of flight crew? I think they would be different.

Very poorly set up survey. First, you don't limit it to Part 121 pilots, but many of the questions/answers only apply to someone flying long haul 121.

You have questions that are worded such that they are applicable to non-pilots or non-121 pilots.

For people not in the industry, there isn't enough information about the options.

Last edited:
The OP has made six forum posts. One is this survey, the other 5 are to say "LOL" to old jokes in the joke thread.

Strange.....

The OP has made six forum posts. One is this survey, the other 5 are to say "LOL" to old jokes in the joke thread.
Sounds like they made one more LOL post than is required? They strive to exceed the minimums perhaps?

EDIT: My mistake. I confused the requirement of more than 5 posts with 5 posts. So no, the OP was not striving to exceed the minimums. I was giving too much credit.

Last edited:

Strange.....

Not strange at all. OP needed more than 5 posts to include a link in a post. 5 lols and on the sixth a link to the survey.

These schools teach aviation and perhaps a tiny bit of statistics but never how to craft either a good question for study nor how to develop a good survey. May I suggest to the OP, the Khan Academy the 1 hour online course on Data Analytics….

(Fantastic, the 4th member of the family….Ghengis, Kublai, Chaka and Sal!)

Last edited:
Back