Explain this (AA) horse****

If you can get me from Michigan to Jamaica and back on a private jet for $5,200 sign me up. we're only paying 26

I thought you were getting charge $6700/person per the OP. But still, you need to pamper that woman. Splash da cash!

I thought you were getting charge $6700/person per the OP. But still, you need to pamper that woman. Splash da cash!

3 legs with all 3 legs first class

Leg 1 coach, legs 2 and 3 first class

That is what made no sense.

We booked the former obviously.

And Ed, if and when are you doing this Chicago thing, we'll do a POA meetup for you guys. There is no better way to start to a honeymoon than a bunch of Chicago POA dudes sending you off (probably with a hangover).

Did someone say meet-up and drinks? When??

Same thing happens in DFW: AA is always more expensive, by a large margin, than the competition. At least, that's my experience.

That’s not been my experience with DFW.

I fly into DFW once a month. AA is always the cheapest for me, BUT it is AA.

So unless I’m on a tight schedule and need the nonstop, I’ll pay more AND take a connection in ATL on Delta before I’ll suffer on American.

3 legs with all 3 legs first class

Leg 1 coach, legs 2 and 3 first class

That is what made no sense.

We booked the former obviously.

I've ran into strange things like this when booking flights. Most times you can call the airline and get to talk to a real person. My last trip on Delta I had to call because the system wasn't letting me use my points. Another time, because bag charges were incorrect. I bet that 6700 was just a glitch in the system and they may be able to fix it. Might be worth a call if you haven't yet.

So unless I’m on a tight schedule and need the nonstop, I’ll pay more AND take a connection in ATL on Delta before I’ll suffer on American.

I agree! I only fly AA when there is no other option. AA has lost my luggage so many times that I now just expect it and pack a change of clothes in my carry on.

Try the opposite: flying out of DFW and you should see the issue.

Back