Expired NE A/FD

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
I signed up for a regular chart (NE A/FD, NY Sectional, and NY TAC) subscription from joepilot.com and get new charts before they expire.

...the old ones on the other hand, do me know good and I feel bad just throwing them in the trash; some of them not even used because I didn't fly in the last month or two.

Does anyone want any old/expired charts? I just received a new NE A/FD today, and the old one which expires on Thursday hasn't practically been touched. Do you know any aviation enthusiasts or early student pilots that want any old charts to flip through?

I'd be glad to send as long as someone else pays the postage.

Thanks,
Jason

HPNPilot1200 said:
I signed up for a regular chart (NE A/FD, NY Sectional, and NY TAC) subscription from joepilot.com and get new charts before they expire.

...the old ones on the other hand, do me know good and I feel bad just throwing them in the trash; some of them not even used because I didn't fly in the last month or two.

Does anyone want any old/expired charts? I just received a new NE A/FD today, and the old one which expires on Thursday hasn't practically been touched. Do you know any aviation enthusiasts or early student pilots that want any old charts to flip through?

I'd be glad to send as long as someone else pays the postage.

Thanks,
Jason

I hate to say it, but I keep them handy - I use them for briefing the flight, and drawing big course lines on. I have the nice new current one in the plane, and use those for final review of the flight plans, but use the older one with the big fat highlighted course line for visual reference.

After all, the detail may not be 100% up to date, the the lakes, mountains and other major visual features don't change in every 6 weeks or whatever the refresh period is -- and I have no qualms about drawing on them, cutting them out to kneeboard size or whatever torture I feel fit to inflict on them.

This is very convoleted but I have a friend in Switzerland whose dad lives in Scotland. When I see my friend I give him all the old charts and stuff to give to his dad. Why do I do this you might ask? Because his dad is an avid flight sim'er and loves all the US charts that he cannot get in the UK easily or cheaply. Dupplicates he gives to others in is flight sim club.

My suggestion is to find a flight sim'er and see if he wants them.

Back